www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Louie <perepunye...@visca.com>
Subject Re: os-windows/2329: 3b7 treats a POST as if it were a GET
Date Mon, 01 Jun 1998 15:00:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/2329; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Louie <perepunyetes@visca.com>
To: Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com>
Cc: <apbugs@Apache.Org>
Subject: Re: os-windows/2329: 3b7 treats a POST as if it were a GET
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 16:55:56 +0100

 Hola (Greetings), Rodent of Unusual Size! A(t) 08:34 01/06/98
 -0400, vau escriure (you wrote):
 >Thanks for your response.  In the future, *please* do what the
 >above says so that your response will go into the database?

 OK.
 >> Sorry, I'm a novice and all I'm sure of is that 3b6 works fine and
 >> 3b7 doesn't; it treats a POST as a GET.
 <snip>

 >Do you know CGI?  Are the scripts yours, or did they come from
 >someone else?  How do you know requests are being passed to
 >them as GET rather than POST?

 I know Perl better than cgi. The scripts I tried are Websearch
 (Burgdorf) and Guestbook (Wright). When you do a GET with the
 Websearch script, you get a list of the files the program will
 search; when you do a GET with Guestbook, you get a page saying
 "You seem to have left your name blank".

 These are the results I get when using 3b7. So I guess I don't
 really _know_, but the assumption seems logical.

 >I'm not familiar with CGI on
 >Win32; if you're familiar with Unix, could you add the
 >equivalent of a 'printenv' to one of your scripts?

 Sorry, I'm not familiar with Unix.

 >If it's a BAT file, I think a "set" command with no arguments
 might do it.

 It's not a BAT file. I'm calling the scripts from my browsers
 (Netscape 3.0 and Opera 3.21).

 >I'll see if I can get someone else to be more specific as to
 >what you can try..

 All the best,
 Lou Hevly
 Clueless Lou's Cgi Help