www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: os-windows/2329: 3b7 treats a POST as if it were a GET
Date Mon, 01 Jun 1998 12:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/2329; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com>
To: Louie <perepunyetes@visca.com>
Cc:  Subject: Re: os-windows/2329: 3b7 treats a POST as if it were a GET
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 08:34:07 -0400

 Louie wrote:

 > >[In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, ]
 > >[you need to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
 > >[and leave the subject line UNCHANGED.  This is not done]
 > >[automatically because of the potential for mail loops. ]

 Thanks for your response.  In the future, *please* do what the
 above says so that your response will go into the database?
 (You don't need to do it this time; I already did it for you.)

 > Sorry, I'm a novice and all I'm sure of is that 3b6 works fine and
 > 3b7 doesn't; it treats a POST as a GET. I did check your bug page
 > 2294 and it sounds like my problem is probably related to what
 > folks are talking about there. I wish I knew more so that I could
 > constructively contribute. Meanwhile I'll wait for 3b8.

 Do you know CGI?  Are the scripts yours, or did they come from
 someone else?  How do you know requests are being passed to
 them as GET rather than POST?  I'm not familiar with CGI on
 Win32; if you're familiar with Unix, could you add the
 equivalent of a 'printenv' to one of your scripts?  If it's
 a BAT file, I think a "set" command with no arguments might do it.
 I'll see if I can get someone else to be more specific as to
 what you can try..

 #ken	P-)}