www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Chris Johnson <john...@isn.dac.neu.edu>
Subject Re: mod_log-any/2262: logging of virtual host access confusing in access.log, errors.log
Date Thu, 21 May 1998 18:27:12 GMT
On 21 May 1998 coar@hyperreal.org wrote:

> Synopsis: logging of virtual host access confusing in access.log, errors.log
>
> State-Changed-From-To: feedback-closed
> State-Changed-By: coar
> State-Changed-When: Thu May 21 10:55:45 PDT 1998
> State-Changed-Why:
> One log per vhost is very common - but be sure to check
> out question #20 in the Apache FAQ (online at
> <http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html>.  If you're
> not running a lot of vhosts, this is probably the best
> solution for you.
>
> I'm not sure what %f will do if there's no file associated
> with the request (such as the mod_status example I cited
> earlier).  It's a good idea to keep an eye on %v if you
> start finding documents getting served by the wrong
> vhosts.

     I'll check on %f under those conditions.

> It sounds as though you're on your way, so I'll close
> this report.  Thanks for using Apache!
> Category-Changed-From-To: general-mod_log-any
> Category-Changed-By: coar
> Category-Changed-When: Thu May 21 10:55:45 PDT 1998

     And I'm about to make another one.  Apparentlt there's an
incompatibility between virtual host mechanism vis Netscape & Apache.

     BTW, you're welcome.  Long live freeware!  I'd rather deal with
freeware groups then vendor any day.  If nothing else works I can fix
it my self.

Chris Johnson                  |Internet: johnson@isn.dac.neu.edu
Assistant Director, Systems    |Web:       http://www.dac.neu.edu/dac/c.johnson
Division of Academic Computing |Voice:    617.373.3300
Northeastern University, 39 RI |FAX:      617.373.8600
360 Huntington Ave.            |Life  n, a disease with 100% mortality.
Boston, MA., U.S.A.  02115     |    Me