www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Eddy.DeCle...@coi.be
Subject Re: general/2180: logresolve won't work
Date Mon, 04 May 1998 15:08:43 GMT
Hi,

I followed the instructions and ran configure. This gave the following
Makefile
###############
# Platform: Solaris 2
# Final Rules:
#  Rule WANTHSREGEX=yes
###############
CC=cc
OPTIM=-O2
CFLAGS1= -DSOLARIS2
INCLUDES1= -Iregex
LIBS1= -lsocket -lnsl
LFLAGS1=
BROKEN_BPRINTF_FLAGS=
REGLIB=regex/libregex.a
RANLIB=ranlib
SHELL=/bin/sh

#### End of Configure created section ####
# Apache makefile template (well, suffix).

# This is combined with the information in the "Configuration" file
# by the configure script to make the actual Makefile.

CFLAGS=$(OPTIM) $(CFLAGS1) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS)
LIBS=$(EXTRA_LIBS) $(LIBS1)
INCLUDES=-I../src -I../src/regex $(INCLUDES1) $(EXTRA_INCLUDES)
LFLAGS=$(LFLAGS1) $(EXTRA_LFLAGS)

.c.o:
        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) $<

TARGETS=htpasswd htdigest httpd_monitor rotatelogs logresolve

all: $(TARGETS)

htpasswd: htpasswd.c
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) htpasswd.c -o htpasswd $(LIBS)

htdigest: htdigest.c
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) htdigest.c -o htdigest

httpd_monitor: httpd_monitor.c
        $(CC) $(INCLUDES) $(CFLAGS) httpd_monitor.c -o httpd_monitor

rotatelogs: rotatelogs.c

        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) $<

TARGETS=htpasswd htdigest httpd_monitor rotatelogs logresolve

all: $(TARGETS)

htpasswd: htpasswd.c
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) htpasswd.c -o htpasswd $(LIBS)

htdigest: htdigest.c
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) htdigest.c -o htdigest

httpd_monitor: httpd_monitor.c
        $(CC) $(INCLUDES) $(CFLAGS) httpd_monitor.c -o httpd_monitor

rotatelogs: rotatelogs.c
        $(CC) $(INCLUDES) $(CFLAGS) rotatelogs.c -o rotatelogs

logresolve: logresolve.c
        $(CC) $(INCLUDES) $(CFLAGS) logresolve.c -o logresolve $(LIBS)

clean:
        rm -f $(TARGETS)

when I make this

I get:

cc -I../src -I../src/regex -Iregex  -O2 -DSOLARIS2  logresolve.c -o
logresolve  -lsocket -lnsl
Warning: option -2 passed to ld
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- 2
usage: ld [-abd:e:f:h:il:mo:rstu:z:B:D:F:GI:L:M:Q:R:S:VY:] file(s)
        [-a]            create an absolute file
        [-b]            do not do special PIC relocations in a.out
        [-d y|n]        operate in dynamic|static mode
        [-e sym]        use `sym' as entry point address
        [-f name]       specify library for which this file is an auxiliary
                        filter
        [-h name]       use `name' as internal shared object identifier
        [-i]            ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting
        [-l x]          search for libx.so or libx.a
        [-m]            print memory map
        [-o outfile]    name the output file `outfile'
        [-r]            create a relocatable object
        [-s]            strip any symbol and debugging information
        [-t]            do not warn of multiply defined symbols of
                        different sizes
        [-u sym]        create an undefined symbol `sym'
        [-z defs|nodefs]

        [-z muldefs]    allow multiply defined symbols
        [-z noversion]  don't record any version sections
        [-z text]       disallow output relocations against text
        [-B local]      reduce unqualified global symbols to local
        [-B dynamic|static]
                        search for shared libraries|archives
        [-B reduce]     process symbol reductions
        [-B symbolic]   bind external references to definitions when
                        creating shared objects
        [-D options]    print diagnostic messages
        [-F name]       specify library for which this file is a filter
        [-G]            create a shared object
        [-I interp]     use `interp' as path name of interpreter
        [-L path]       search for libraries in directory `path'
        [-M mapfile]    use processing directives contained in `mapfile'
        [-Q y|n]        do|do not place version information in output file
        [-R path]       specify a library search path to be used at run
time
        [-S name]       specify a link-edit support library
        [-V]            print version information
        [-Y P,dirlist]  use `dirlist' as a default path when searching
                        for libraries
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `logresolve'

All the rest will compile perfectly (appache web server and other tools).

But that is not my main concern. The downloaded binary of logresolve
doesn't work. I can't get it running, cause it tells me that the synatx
isn't right.

When I type:
./logresolve access.week access.test

I always get:
Usage: logresolve [-s statfile] [-c] < input > output

Variations of it, won't work either.

Yours thankfully

Eddy De Clercq

marc@hyperreal.org on 04/05/98 17:02:53