www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Saccoccio, Robert" <robe...@aiinet.com>
Subject RE: os-qnx/2296: SERIALIZED_ACCEPT on QNX
Date Fri, 29 May 1998 12:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-qnx/2296; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Saccoccio, Robert" <roberts@aiinet.com>
To: "'dgaudet@apache.org'" <dgaudet@apache.org>
Cc: "'apbugs@Apache.Org'" <apbugs@Apache.Org>
Subject: RE: os-qnx/2296: SERIALIZED_ACCEPT on QNX
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 08:31:04 -0400

 > Synopsis: SERIALIZED_ACCEPT on QNX
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
 > State-Changed-By: dgaudet
 > State-Changed-When: Thu May 28 16:59:54 PDT 1998
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > applied to 1.3b8-dev, thanks
 >
 > btw I also defined SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT so that
 > the behaviour is unchanged for folks using a single socket

 That's fine, but your "Apache Performance Notes" paper states,

 "...that many architectures behave more 'nicely' if we serialize even the
 single socket case.  So this is actually the default in almost all cases."

 What suggests to you QNX should be an exception to this?  I'm not suggesting
 it should be different, I'm just curious.

   robs