www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From c...@apache.org
Subject Re: os-windows/2290: Python scripts, counters, no longer work
Date Thu, 28 May 1998 22:35:15 GMT

Synopsis: Python scripts, counters, no longer work

Comment-Added-By: coar
Comment-Added-When: Thu May 28 15:35:14 PDT 1998
Comment-Added:
[Another comment from the submitter]
I *uninstalled* my existing apache server; this was originally 1.3b3,
then went to 1.3b6, then went to 1.3b7, which is the one that broke.
All of these installations, except the first, were over existing ones.
When I attempted to revert to 1.3b6, I just installed it over the 1.3b6,
and I had exactly the same problem.  However, when I *uninstalled*
apache using the add/remove programs wizard, and then removed the
complete /apache directory, and then reinstalled 1.3b6 everything worked
correctly again.  So you might want to include a warning to people to
uninstall any old versions before installing a new one--and I guess with
any MS OS you ought to do that anyway.

Thanks for all the speedy responses!
Ivan