www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Tim Evans <tkev...@eplrx7.es.dupont.com>
Subject general/2312: syntax error in distributed httpd.conf file
Date Thu, 28 May 1998 19:08:53 GMT

>Number:         2312
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       syntax error in distributed httpd.conf file
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
After compiling and installing 1.3b7 in default location, I changed *only* the port number
in
the distributed httpd.conf file.  httpd fails to start with this error:

Syntax error on line 40 of /usr/local/apache/conf/access.conf:
Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>

NOTE:  "Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>"