www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Agent Zap" <agent...@hotmail.com>
Subject os-windows/2145: .htaccess will password protect directory but not individual files if name of file is guessed
Date Wed, 27 May 1998 01:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/2145; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Agent Zap" <agentzap@hotmail.com>
To: brian@hyperreal.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: os-windows/2145: .htaccess will password protect directory but
    not individual files if name of file is guessed
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 18:20:59 PDT

 >Synopsis: .htaccess will password protect directory but not individual
 files if name of file is guessed

 >State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
 >State-Changed-By: brian
 >State-Changed-When: Tue May 19 18:55:43 PDT 1998
 >State-Changed-Why:
 >AgentZap is right, on Windows 95 the auth is ignored. I
 >haven't tested this yet on Windows NT, I'll try that tonight.

 Did you find anything or come up with any reason as to why this is going
 on? I just d/l 1.3b7 for win32 tonight and if I guess the filename it
 still lets me in without prompt.  I am still using win95 and netscape
 4.05.  (Yes just to make sure it isn't cached I clear the memory and
 file cache then exit netscape and manually delete fat.db and relaunch
 and try again- you can never be too safe heh).

 Thanks,
 AgentZap