www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From c...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: config/2286: Distributed mime.types lacks mapping for widely used Shockwave Flash (.swf)
Date Tue, 26 May 1998 23:07:39 GMT

Synopsis: Distributed mime.types lacks mapping for widely used Shockwave Flash (.swf)

State-Changed-From-To: open-suspended
State-Changed-By: coar
State-Changed-When: Tue May 26 16:07:38 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Note that the IMT is "application/x-shockwave-flash".  The
"x-" prefix indicates that the type isn't registered yet.
We'll consider updating the mime.types file, but in the
meantime the correct workaround is to add a line to your
server config files:

 AddType application/x-shockwave-flash .swf

Thanks for using Apache!  I've marked this report for
future consideration.