www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ivan Van Laningham <ivan...@callware.com>
Subject general/2290: Python scripts, counters, no longer work
Date Tue, 26 May 1998 22:58:02 GMT

>Number:         2290
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Python scripts, counters, no longer work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue May 26 17:10:00 PDT 1998
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     ivanlan@callware.com
>Organization:
apache
>Release:        1.3b7
>Environment:
Win NT 4.0, Pentium 120 single processor, 64meg memory.
>Description:
I was running 1.3b6;
I verified that everything was working on my website (www.pauahtun.org) and I
also backed up my .conf files.  I.e., I checked that my counters were working
and all my Python cgi scripts were working.  I then stopped the apache service,
installed 1.3b7, saw that my .conf files were not nuked.  I restarted apache
using the control panel.  I changed *nothing* else.  I tested the home page 
(Default.htm) and all four counters I use had the error string "Empty Query 
String" in them.  Then I tested my python scripts, which can be accessed at
www.pauahtun.org/tools.html, and all fail.  They all produce *only* the minimum
boilerplate that's common to all the scripts, and then fail silently.

There is *nothing* in the error log to indicate that anything is at all
wrong.

What's worse is that I then tried to revert to 1.3b6, but had deleted my 
install exe file, so I downloaded 1.3b6.1 from your dist/ directory,
and I still have the problem.  Counters don't work and cgi-scripts don't work.
Therefore, I  believe that something important changed between 1.3b6.0 
and 1.3b6.1.

I am also 100% certain that I changed nothing, installed nothing else, between the
time I stopped apache and installed 1.3b7, and am also 100% certain that
the things that are broken now were working seconds before I stopped apache
to perform the install.

I marked this critical because it's basically denying service to people visiting
my website and trying to use the tools that they've come to rely on.
>How-To-Repeat:
See full description.
>Fix:
No, I haven't looked at Apache source code in months!  No clue!  Help!
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
[In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, ]
[you need to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
[and leave the subject line UNCHANGED.  This is not done]
[automatically because of the potential for mail loops. ]




Mime
View raw message