www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From dgau...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: general/2247: FD_SET should not be called without bounds checking
Date Mon, 25 May 1998 17:44:37 GMT

Synopsis: FD_SET should not be called without bounds checking

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: dgaudet
State-Changed-When: Mon May 25 10:44:35 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Apache 1.3 already has the FD_SETSIZE tests... and I'd rather
see apache use poll() rather than the lame select() interface,
and especially not a hacked FD_REALLOC interface which doesn't
exist everywhere... but we're unlikely to make that change
because the next version of apache is likely to hide all these
details in a portability library.  (Currently we're doing work
with NSPR -- netscape's portable runtime.)

I think you need to compile apache with the correct -DFD_SETSIZE
on *BSD systems in order to get it to behave correctly.  Like
I said, the entire select() interface is broken.  The only reason
I never rewrote it to use poll() was that I didn't feel like
figuring out which systems support it... almost everything new
does, but our configuration tool is a pain to do these things
with.

Dean