www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Baker <...@tamu.edu>
Subject os-windows/2274: PATH_INFO environment variable behaves differently between Win32 and Unix
Date Sun, 24 May 1998 17:53:03 GMT

>Number:         2274
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       PATH_INFO environment variable behaves differently between Win32 and Unix
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
The PATH_INFO environment variable is broken on Win32 systems.  If a CGI script is called
with http://hostname/script.cgi/pathinfo/, the trailing slash is stripped from the PATH_INFO
environment variable.  If the PATH_INFO contains a double slash, such as http://hostname/script.cgi/path//info,
the double slash will be stripped.  These slashes are not stripped on Unix systems, and they
shouldn't be.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try this cgi script on a Win32 Apache:
#!perl.exe -w

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
print $ENV{'PATH_INFO'};
>Fix:
I'm guessing that there is some kind of slash translation going on with Win32 Apache, but
I haven't been able to nail it down in the source.  Will let you know if I find it.