www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From wil vree <v...@uba.uva.nl>
Subject general/2273: IP protection with .htaccess doesnt work, even no errors in error_log
Date Sun, 24 May 1998 12:26:07 GMT

>Number:         2273
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       IP protection with .htaccess doesnt work, even no errors in error_log
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I've setup a applicationserver with Citrix Winframe. The applications are served via webpages.
Therefor I run Apache on th eCitrix Winframe server (wich is basicly running Windows NT 3.51)
When I try to protect the applications to run only in the university domain (.uva.nl) access
remains allowed for everyone.
I use exactly the same .htaccess file as on our main webserver (where it works)
and I checked the permissions (Everyone has READ access in Windows NT terms)
Is it possible anyway to get this working under Citrix Winframe (NT 3.51)
Try http://145.18.84.46 wich should be protected for the .uva.nl domain.