www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From br...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: mod_log-any/2229: Some log entries do not have full IP address
Date Fri, 22 May 1998 00:15:03 GMT

Synopsis: Some log entries do not have full IP address

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: brian
State-Changed-When: Thu May 21 17:15:02 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
I, too, just checked about 200 megabytes of old logfiles, from
both Solaris and FreeBSD platforms, and also didn't see this.
What name resolver are you using?  My guess at this point
is that your resolver is buggy.  I would suggest either
upgrading it (if it isn't recent), using bind 8.1 if you're
currently not, or if you are using bind 8.x, try going back to
4.x just to see if it makes a difference.  If there's still
no difference maybe one of your upstream DNS providers is
busted, but that seems unlikely.

A good way to test might be to log all IP addresses for now
and use the "logresolve" program to debug further.