www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From br...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: general/2260: Apache logs errors on subreqs that it shouldn't.
Date Thu, 21 May 1998 20:08:07 GMT

Synopsis: Apache logs errors on subreqs that it shouldn't.

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: brian
State-Changed-When: Thu May 21 13:08:07 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Not logging errors for sub_req's is not
the right thing to do.  Certainly SSI's, when including a
file and getting an access error, should log an error.
We do have to go through the  whole sub_req process since
any module could affect the URI->pathname resolution
process.  sigh.  Special-casing the sub_req to not log
on PATH_INFO resolution is ugly too.

My recommendation would be to increase your loglevel
setting, or to simply put your CGI scripts in your
document root.