www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jay Soffian <...@cimedia.com>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite/2074: mod_rewrite doesn't pass Proxy Throughput on internal subrequests
Date Thu, 21 May 1998 16:13:15 GMT

+--rse@hyperreal.org once said:

|[In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, ]
|[you need to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
|[and leave the subject line UNCHANGED.  This is not done]
|[automatically because of the potential for mail loops. ]
|

|Synopsis: mod_rewrite doesn't pass Proxy Throughput on internal subrequests
|
|State-Changed-From-To: analyzed-suspended
|State-Changed-By: rse
|State-Changed-When: Thu May 21 02:53:25 PDT 1998
|State-Changed-Why:
|This problem now is suspended until Apache 1.3.0 because a timely
|solution is not possible because I myself don't know what
|side-effects the chance could have.  For a later release I'll
|reconsider this change again if I'm sure it causes no
|side-effects.
|
|Release-Changed-From-To: 1.2.6 and 1.3b5-1.2/1.3
|Release-Changed-By: rse
|Release-Changed-When: Thu May 21 02:53:25 PDT 1998
|Class-Changed-From-To: sw-bug-change-request
|Class-Changed-By: rse
|Class-Changed-When: Thu May 21 02:53:25 PDT 1998
|Severity-Changed-From-To: serious-non-critical
|Severity-Changed-By: rse
|Severity-Changed-When: Thu May 21 02:53:25 PDT 1998

<2 cents>
I can't imagine the change having any serious side effects. It would
only affect those using the proxy-throuput feature (aleady a small
subset of all apache users), and those who it did affect could retain
the previous behavior by adding a 'NS' to those rules that are using
proxy througput.

By not allowing proxy throughput on subrequests, the usefulness of the
proxy throughput feature is significantly reduced.

We are running 1.2.6 patched to allow proxy throughput on subreqs and
it has not caused us any problems.
</2 cents>

j.
--
Jay Soffian <jay@cimedia.com>                       UNIX Systems Administrator
404.572.1941                                             Cox Interactive Media