www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From c...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: general/2262: logging of virtual host access confusing in access.log, errors.log
Date Thu, 21 May 1998 15:38:35 GMT

Synopsis: logging of virtual host access confusing in access.log, errors.log

Comment-Added-By: coar
Comment-Added-When: Thu May 21 08:38:33 PDT 1998
Comment-Added:
I guess I was being excessively cryptic.  I pointed you
to split-logfile as an example of how you could include
the virtual host name in your access log.  Or, if you
don't want to pollute your main access log, you can
always create another one with an alternate format by
using the CustomLog directive.  Prefixing the format
with something like "{%{Host}i|%v}" will result in
each record starting with the name of the virtual host
that was requested, and the name of the vhost that
actually serviced the request.  From that, the URI
field, and your knowledge of each vhost's DocumentRoot,
Alias, and ScriptAlias settings you should be able to
map the request to an actual file.

Or are you asking for a log field descriptor that includes
the name of the file actually served?  What would you
have it do if there *wasn't* a file involved (such
as the output from mod_status)?