www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marian Klco <mar...@anasoft.ana.sk>
Subject os-windows/2259: HTTP Authentication
Date Wed, 20 May 1998 17:46:38 GMT

>Number:         2259
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       HTTP Authentication
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I'm using PHP3.
Under Linux this work perfectly, but under Windows NT not.

An example from PHP :

    <?
        if(!$PHP_AUTH_USER) {
            Header("WWW-authenticate: basic realm=\"My Realm\"");
            Header("HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized");
                        echo "Text to send if user hits Cancel button\n"
            exit;
        } else {
            echo "Hello $PHP_AUTH_USER.<P>";
            echo "You entered $PHP_AUTH_PW as your password.<P>";
        }
    ?>

Using Linux server:
  Netscape prompt me for user and password as should.

Using NT server:
  Netscape don't prompt me but view this error message:

!Internal Server Error
!
!The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your
request.
!
!Please contact the server administrator, you@your.address and inform them of the time the
error occurred, and anything you might
!have done that may have caused the error.
>How-To-Repeat:
Always
>Fix:
On Linux it works OK.