www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jim Hassing <hassi...@tc.umn.edu>
Subject general/2257: user access groups and passwords
Date Wed, 20 May 1998 13:42:13 GMT

>Number:         2257
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       user access groups and passwords
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Suggestion: make apache use the host OS system passwd files for user
authentication. I wrote a little perl script that creates the userlist and
grouplist files for apache so I can use the OS system tools (smit and admintool)
to manage user accounts. Thanks!
Great product! we have about 12 AIX/apache servers and 4 solaris servers
running...