www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From br...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: mod_log-any/2088: Blank page and mod_log write "-" instead of byte token with status 200.
Date Wed, 20 May 1998 11:54:00 GMT

Synopsis: Blank page and mod_log write "-" instead of byte token with status 200.

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: brian
State-Changed-When: Wed May 20 04:53:59 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Intermittant write failures are the nature of the Internet.
Every time I've seen a "200 -" from a connection it's been
that the client had disconnected before it received its first
packet in response.  If you can show a situation where Apache
should have been delivering a page, where the client was there
waiting for it, and why that didn't happen, then we have
something to work from.  Right now, a "200 -" is OK to mean
that the response was a 200, but the client didn't get any
data.