www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From br...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: other/1839: logresolve.c patch to handle ip addresses that aren't the first field in the access log
Date Wed, 20 May 1998 10:35:17 GMT

Synopsis: logresolve.c patch to handle ip addresses that aren't the first field in the access
log

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: brian
State-Changed-When: Wed May 20 03:35:16 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Hi Dave!

Thanks for the patch - we'll keep it in the bug database for
reference.  I'm not sure that it's worth it to apply this;
there seems to be a slippery slope one can start falling
down (I also don't use common logfile format, I separate all
my fields with a '|') and my gut tells me that for anything
more "interesting" than this Perl screams for attention.
Anyways, your patch is now here for future reference.  Thanks!