www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From br...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: mod_proxy/1785: Proxy-Authenticate code in http_protocol fails with ProxyPass and Netscape
Date Wed, 20 May 1998 02:29:02 GMT

Synopsis: Proxy-Authenticate code in http_protocol fails with ProxyPass and Netscape

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: brian
State-Changed-When: Tue May 19 19:29:01 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Our proxy is so ill-maintained right now that to add
effort to work around browser bugs seems counterproductive.
Particularly since this effort would require putting
proxy-specific coding into the core of the server, regardless
of whether someone compiled in mod_proxy or not.

If Netscape doesn't implement it correctly I'm sure it'll
be fixed in mozilla :)  If you see an area where Apache
does not comply to (non-de-facto) standards, please let us
know.

If on the other hand you want to whip up a patch to this,
please do, and let http://modules.apache.org/ know about it.

Thanks!