www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mike Machado <m...@innercite.com>
Subject suexec/2237: Internal server error on cgi ONLY when using suEXEC
Date Sat, 16 May 1998 01:56:07 GMT

>Number:         2237
>Category:       suexec
>Synopsis:       Internal server error on cgi ONLY when using suEXEC
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.2.6
>Environment:
Solaris x86 2.6, gcc

I have 2 virtualhosts setup. I have a ScriptAlias in each pointing to the same
URL. In one vhost i have set the user and the group directives...

when I use the vhost with the directives i get internal server error, but if I
use the one without the directives it works fine.

I have a file struct in /var/www/<vhost.com> for all my vhosts I serve.  ex:

/var/www/innercite.com serves www.innercite.com   I want the cgi-bin under that
dir to be the scriptalias and run under user "icite". which is what the User
directive inthat vhost is set to. Now in my suexec.h i have the USERDIR_SUFFIX
set to /var/www should this be set like that? If not what should go there...

>How-To-Repeat:
http://solar.innercite.com/cgi-bin/wwwadmin.pl is the one WITHOUT the User directives
http://webtest.innercite.com/cgi-bin/wwwadmin.pl User is set to "icite"
the same exact file for both so its not a cgi program problem...

the file perms are all set u+rw and dirs have u+xrw, so its not perms...