www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From br...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: general/2200: source html code is shown but not the page
Date Fri, 08 May 1998 07:04:35 GMT

Synopsis: source html code is shown but not the page

State-Changed-From-To: analyzed-closed
State-Changed-By: brian
State-Changed-When: Fri May  8 00:04:34 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
> I didn't say the problem is in apache.

This is the Apache Bugs Database, your mainline into the
hearts and minds of some of the crankiest people on earth,
the Apache Developers.  It is presumed that by posting here
you are stating that you have conclusively determined that
the behavior you are witnessing is due to a bug in Apache,
and if you're a Good Internet Citizen, you will have whipped
out your handy debugging tools, figured out exactly what
went wrong, and provided a patch for us to throw into the
server to fix it, for all mankind.  This is *definitely*
not the place to post "this looks weird" kind of messages.
The proper ettiquette would be to send messages like that
to a relevant USENET newsgroup first, or some other type
of discussion *forum*, which this is not.

Now, just to not sound like a complete SOB, I would suggest
you take your page and deconstruct it - start removing tags
and constructs and such until you get at least something to
render.  I'd have to say that a good 5% of the pages I view
on the internet come up blank in Navigator 4.04, and this is
most likely due to invalid HTML causing real problems for the
HTML parser in the browser.  It is most likely not an Apache
problem, though we would love (honestly!) to know if it really
was.

   Brian