www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jos.M.Hinkle <jhin...@rockisland.com>
Subject general/2202: .cgi programs in user directories run without suexec
Date Thu, 07 May 1998 09:18:40 GMT

>Number:         2202
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       .cgi programs in user directories run without suexec
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
No answer required
The presence or absence of suexec had no effect on whether user .cgi programs would run, nor
did the specified owner in suexec.h make any difference.

I'll figure it out myself, but just thought the report might interest you.  Maybe I missed
something about what suexec is supposed to do.

>How-To-Repeat:
Run Apache with cgi enabled by the various items in the .conf files, but without suexec being
present.
>Fix:
?? I don't know, maybe Apache is supposed to work this way!