www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-bsdi/2196: do not #include <signal.h>
Date Thu, 07 May 1998 06:00:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-bsdi/2196; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Jon Drukman <jsd@gamespot.com>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: os-bsdi/2196: do not #include <signal.h>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 23:51:29 -0600 (MDT)

 On 6 May 1998, Jon Drukman wrote:

 > BSDI BSD/OS 2.1
 > gcc version 2.7.2
 > in include/conf.h and modules/standard/mod_rewrite.h you are including
 > <signal.h>.
 > this causes a declaration conflict for sys_siglist, which is also provided in
 > unistd.h.
 >
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 >
 > >Fix:
 > i commented out #include <signal.h> in include/conf.h and
 > modules/standard/mod_rewrite.h but i bet you guys can figure out how
 > to make it not get in those files in the first place.  :)

 Erm... is that the gcc that came with your system or did you install it
 yourself?

 Does compiling the following program:

 --------
 #include <signal.h>
 #include <unistd.h>

 int main () { }
 --------

 give the same error?

 If so, that isn't anything wrong with Apache but something broken with
 your header files.  I really don't think that BSD/OS is broken like that
 and Apache has been including both for a long time.