www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/2180: logresolve won't work
Date Mon, 04 May 1998 15:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/2180; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Eddy.DeClercq@coi.be
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: general/2180: logresolve won't work
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 09:29:17 -0600 (MDT)

 On Mon, 4 May 1998 Eddy.DeClercq@coi.be wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I followed the instructions and ran configure. This gave the following
 > Makefile
 > ###############
 > # Platform: Solaris 2
 > # Final Rules:
 > #  Rule WANTHSREGEX=yes
 > ###############
 > CC=cc
 > OPTIM=-O2

 In 1.2.5 and 6, if you set it to use cc you have to set OPTIM in your
 Configuration file to -O or something.  This has been fixed to work
 properly automatically in later releases.

 [...]
 > But that is not my main concern. The downloaded binary of logresolve
 > doesn't work. I can't get it running, cause it tells me that the synatx
 > isn't right.

 Read what it says!  Your syntax isn't right.

 > When I type:
 > ./logresolve access.week access.test
 >
 > I always get:
 > Usage: logresolve [-s statfile] [-c] < input > output

 It says use logresolve < input > output

 You are using logresolve input output.

 They are different.