www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From r..@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: mod_auth-any/2148: Inconsistent use of , or space in require group
Date Sun, 03 May 1998 11:18:55 GMT

Synopsis: Inconsistent use of , or space in require group

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: rse
State-Changed-When: Sun May  3 04:18:55 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
I checked the source and you are right, there is
a non-consistency. But not in parsing the arguments
of the "require" command (where all modules use
spaces as the seperator). The inconsistency is
in parsing the group files as I see the point!
mod_auth.c parses it with spaces while mod_auth_db
and mod_auth_dbm parses it with commas (which is
more like Unix /etc/group).

So IMHO mod_auth should use commas for the plain file.