www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Lupe Christoph <l...@alanya.m.isar.de>
Subject config/2168: Should configure locate libbind.a?
Date Sat, 02 May 1998 14:42:51 GMT

>Number:         2168
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Should configure locate libbind.a?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
On Solaris 2, the resolver routines are in -lresolv. BIND puts them
in -lbind. Since the header files are incompatible, using the
BIND 8.1.1 header files requires using -lbind. I have seen articles
in Sun newsgroups from people who did not understand quite often.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to check for this situation?

Or at least make configure accept --extra_libs=-lbind.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install BIND 8.1.1. Make sure the header files from this installation
are found before the original ones (resolv.h, arpa/inet.h).
Try a make. It will complain about undefined symbols __inet_addr
and __inet_ntoa.
>Fix:
Hmmm. I don't know autoconf.