www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jules Bean <jm...@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: os-solaris/2016: Under some circumstances files 'break' - and remain so.
Date Mon, 06 Apr 1998 14:25:43 GMT
On 1 Apr 1998 dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:

> Yeah this really looks like a solaris 2.4 bug... you should
> probably start by applying any recommended 2.4 patches.  You
> could upgrade to 2.6 ... but you shouldn't need to go that far.

Yeah, well, I'd been advising them to for a while anyway.  The upgrade to
2.6 has gone through, and the problem has vanished.  Indeed, performance
has also improved by almost an order of magnitude...

I regret not being able to investigate the problem as fully as I would
like to, but time is pressured, and I have to move on...

I advise anyone out there using 2.4 to move on to 2.6...

Yours,

Jules Bean