www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Daniel Ryde <r...@tripnet.se>
Subject Re: documentation/2147: BrowserMatch is not available in apache v1.2
Date Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:54:21 GMT
On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Daniel Ryde wrote:

> On 28 Apr 1998 coar@hyperreal.org wrote:
>
> > [In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, ]
> > [you need to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
> > [and leave the subject line UNCHANGED.  This is not done]
> > [automatically because of the potential for mail loops. ]
> >

> > Synopsis: BrowserMatch is not available in apache v1.2
> >
> > State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
> > State-Changed-By: coar
> > State-Changed-When: Tue Apr 28 07:12:36 PDT 1998
> > State-Changed-Why:
> > What documentation do you think is in error?  The Apache
> > Web site?
>
> Yes.
>
> > The documentation that comes as part of the
> > 1.2.6 package?
>
> Yes, in htdocs/manual/mod/mod_browser.html#browsermatch

Ok, this is correct. My fault.

> > Can you provide a URL for the faulty page?
>
> http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_setenvif.html#BrowserMatch

Hmm, things seems to have moved around here from 1.2 to 1.3. I found
it in mod_browser in 1.2 and then it moved to mod_setenvif in 1.3. That
might explain it. Hmm, the documentation on your website is a bit unclear.

So it is no real bug, just very unclear on your website. Since I got a
configuration error then went to your website and checked the
documentation and found it in an unavailable module...

/D.Ryde