www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <Lars.Eilebre...@unix-ag.org>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite/2124: Can't invoke the ModRewrite.
Date Sun, 26 Apr 1998 23:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_rewrite/2124; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Lars Eilebrecht <Lars.Eilebrecht@unix-ag.org>
To: (Apache GNATS) <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_rewrite/2124: Can't invoke the ModRewrite.
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:31:01 +0200 (CEST)

 -----Forwarded message-----

 Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:06:11 -0700
 From: Anthony Bourov <abourov@alt.net>
 To: Lars.Eilebrecht@unix-ag.org
 Subject: Re: mod_rewrite/2124: Can't invoke the ModRewrite.

 Hello,

 I believe I found and solved the problem (for myself at least). I was using
 ModRewrite to do major virtual webhosting (it referred to a file to obtain
 the apropriate path for each domain). Obvoiusly for this purpose I required
 to use all of the Rewrite directives outside of a virtual host. The
 following lines of code seemingly prevented me from doing so (I didn't
 bother reading into the exact reasons):
     /*
      *  check for the ugly API case of a virtual host section where no
      *  mod_rewrite directives exists. In this situation we became no chance
      *  by the API to setup our default per-server config so we have to
      *  on-the-fly assume we have the default config. But because the
 default
      *  config has a disabled rewriting engine we are lucky because can
      *  just stop operating now.
      */
     if (conf->server != r->server)
         return DECLINED;

 Commenting it out did the trick for me, though I would be very interested to
 know what features I messed up by doing that.

 Best Regards,
 Anthony Bourov.

 Ps. httpd -V
 Server version: Apache/1.3b6