www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From r..@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: config/2116: Wrong flags for native compiler on Solaris
Date Wed, 22 Apr 1998 18:52:21 GMT

Synopsis: Wrong flags for native compiler on Solaris

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: rse
State-Changed-When: Wed Apr 22 11:52:20 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
I think this is the wrong place to fix it. Why do
you get -O2? src/Configure do not set it. It is
just in Configuration.tmpl, BUT OUT-COMMENTED.
It is a configuration error when this one is not
out-commented and "cc" is used. Just overwriting
the OPTIM in src/Configuration is not the way
we should fix this. You just have to set OPTIM
correctly because src/Configure shouldn't make
dependecies between CC and OPTIM himself. It
is too non-trivial in general.

Perhaps it would be better when we have "#OPTIM=" in
src/Configuration.tmpl or at least only
"#OPTIM=-O" and not "#OPTIM=-O2".

Or did I totally misinterpreted your problem, Ben?