www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Richard <rr...@studio.disney.com>
Subject Re: general/2108: server-status reports many more requests being processed than really exist
Date Tue, 21 Apr 1998 23:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/2108; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Richard <rruth@studio.disney.com>
To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc: Richard Ruth <rruth@studio.disney.com>, apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: general/2108: server-status reports many more requests being
 processed than really exist
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:11:39 -0600

 > On 21 Apr 1998, Richard Ruth wrote:
 >
 > > apache
 > > >Release:        1.2.6
 > > >Environment:
 > > Linux 2.0.33 (Red Hat 5.0 +patches)on Compaq Deskpro 4000  PII  233MHz
 > > gcc-2.7.2.3
 > > glibc-2.0.7
 > > tlan-0.42 Ethernet driver for Compaq's ethernet port
 > > mod_fastcgi_2.0.13  (only Apache module not supplied with apache_1.2.6 source)
 >
 > Can you try without mod_fastcgi?  It has done some bogus things in the
 > past and I wouldn't be suprised if it were breaking things.

 Not easily.  However if nothing else works I'll try running without
 mod_fastcgi.

 > > My Apache server-status page shows an ever growing number of
 > > 'requests currently being processed' however 'ps ax | grep httpd' only
 > > shows the ten or so httpd processes that I would expect.  These
 > > phantom requests slowly grow until I reset the Apache server
 > > (kill -SIGHUP) or MaxClients is reached (I think).
 >
 > Anything in the error log?

 There are only 5 or 6 lines per day in the error log.  Mostly they look
 like this:
 [Tue Apr 21 14:19:26 1998] mod_fastcgi: AppClass /home/www/fcgi-bin/directory/s
 earch.fcgi pid 1439 terminated due to uncaught signal 11.
 [Tue Apr 21 14:19:26 1998] mod_fastcgi: AppClass /home/www/fcgi-bin/directory/s
 earch.fcgi restarted with pid 1868.