www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Michael Handrich <Michael_Handr...@hp.com>
Subject mod_proxy/2106: Netscape Navi 3.03 can not connect to Apache WWWServer if proxy module is loaded - Communicator can
Date Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:24:05 GMT

>Number:         2106
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Netscape Navi 3.03 can not connect to Apache WWWServer  if proxy module
is loaded - Communicator can
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.3b6
>Environment:
NT 4.0 WS, US, SP3
no compiler, i used the binarys from www.apache.org dated 4.18.98

Netscape Navigator 3.03 Client is not able to connect to our
Apache WWW-Server if the proxy module is loaded too.
Netscape Communicator 4.04 can connect at the same time from the same client PC.
I tried it with several NS 3.03 Clients of my colegues with the same result.
At this time i did not use the Apache as proxy.
The Proxy operates for The NS 3.03 Clients and is fine, but trying to connect to
the apache Server fails.  I could access internal and external Servers without
Problems, only the Apache itself had problems.
All Communicators had no problems, only the Navigators had problems.

We use The NT 4.0 WS at both, the Server and the Clients, the Patchlevel
of the Clients was SP2 or SP3.

>How-To-Repeat:
see full description