www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pierre Tremblay <t...@dem.qc.ca>
Subject os-windows/2103: MS Project 98 web interface CGI program does not work with Apache
Date Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:24:44 GMT

>Number:         2103
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       MS Project 98 web interface CGI program does not work with Apache
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Project 98 comes with a web interface for task updating, which seems to
be a Visual Basic .EXE.  It works very well under Win95 with the Microsoft
Personal Web Server but fails when Apache is the server.

The web interface is accessed through "http://<server>/project/mspjhttp.exe".
After pressing the "GO" button on the login screen, I get the following
message:

Not Found

The requested URL /project//program was not found on this server.

Looking at the html source for the login screen, the POST URL is as follows:

<form method=post action="\program files/apache group/apache/htdocs/project/mspjhttp.exe?">

while with the Personal Web Server the login procedure is completed with the
correct URL, i.e. "/project/mspjhttp.exe?"
>How-To-Repeat:
You need MS Project 98 and the 1.3b6 binary installation.
>Fix:
No.  Microsoft reports that their CGI program works with O'Reilly Website,
Netscape FastTrack and Entreprise servers.

%0