www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From M.D.Parker <m...@netcom.com>
Subject config/2102: Unable to get functional SERVER_SUBVERSION string using configuration system
Date Tue, 21 Apr 1998 15:19:13 GMT

>Number:         2102
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Unable to get functional SERVER_SUBVERSION string using configuration
system
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
The following code fragment (in /bin/sh) might be applicable:

.
.
CFLAGS='-DHARD_SERVER_LIMIT=512 -DSERVER_SUBVERSION=\\"ABC/1.3b6/LINUX\\"'
export CFLAGS
./configure ....blahblah...

I have tried 1,2,3,4,5 backslash combinations but I cannot get one that
will pass the configuration AND perform the resulting make compilation
successfully.  Thus I must conclude that this is some sort of bug in
the configuration process.  I can change the makefile manually to make
this work but I cannot get the configurator to do the right thing.
>How-To-Repeat:
Oh yes...
>Fix:
The workaround is to set the define in include/httpd.h but YKKK.  I thought
things were going the way to prevent having to do this.

*sigh