www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From M.D.Parker <m...@netcom.com>
Subject general/2091: Appropriate Way to "configure" -D compilation variables
Date Tue, 21 Apr 1998 06:35:22 GMT

>Number:         2091
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Appropriate Way to "configure"  -D compilation variables
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
In performing this configuration, I decided to try out the new configuration
procedure.  In doing so, I notice an apparent oversight in that at the
configure time, one is unable to set variables to be used in the compilation
easily.  I was trying to set HARD_SERVER_LIMIT without having to directly
modify the include/httpd.h file.  I tried modifying the Configuration.tmpl
but that did not work either.  However, modifying the Configuration.tmpl did
work for setting the OPTIM and LD_EXTRA_LIBS and LD_EXTRA_FLAGS

In looking over the distribution
I'd like to do this in an "official" nice manner....but how?

BTW, before asking the question, I did do distcleans between each generation
just to be sure.
>How-To-Repeat:
Maybe I am missing something or overlooking something but I changed the
EXTRA_CFLAGS variable to

  -DHARD_SERVER_LIMIT=512

to no avail.
>Fix:
I'm without a clue....the unnice way is of course modifications through
include/httpd.h but there must be a way to do this....there must be....:-%2