www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From M.D.Parker <m...@netcom.com>
Subject mod_log-any/2090: LogFormat directives are not "inherited"
Date Tue, 21 Apr 1998 06:25:43 GMT

>Number:         2090
>Category:       mod_log-any
>Synopsis:       LogFormat directives are not "inherited"
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I had an httpd.conf file containing lines ordered:

LogFormat "...blah..." nickname
.
.
.
<VirtualHost 10.0.0.1>
CustomLog filename nickname
.
.

What happens is that the nickname is not expanded to reference the
previous LogFormat nickname.

Examination of the documentation is UNCLEAR about this but would seem to
indicate that as most directives, this one if defined in a more global
scope in the configuration file, should apply to the VirtualHosts.

This seems to be a scoping issue here.
>How-To-Repeat:
Oh yes...easy
>Fix:
I'm in favor of a code fix to allow LogFormat statements to be carried
globally and apply (if not redefined) within a lower VirtualHost section