www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jeff Earickson <jaear...@colby.edu>
Subject general/2087: http_request.c/get_path_info: change in return value b5->b6 breaks module load
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 23:51:08 GMT

>Number:         2087
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       http_request.c/get_path_info: change in return value b5->b6 breaks
module load
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I'm working on getting mod_auth_dce
(see http://www.intranet.csupomona.edu/~henson/www/projects/mod_auth_dce/)
to compile and work under 1.3.  In beta5 get_path_info() in main/http_request.c
was declared as an "int" and a modified version of mod_auth_dce.c would load
properly, since mod_auth_dce.c calls get_path_info.  In beta6, get_path_info's
declaration was changed to "static int" and now the loader cannot find
the call to it made by mod_auth_dce.c.  So, I get an unsatisfied external.
Why was get_path_info() hidden with a static declaration in beta6?  Is there
an API method of getting this info instead?
>How-To-Repeat:
I would have to send you my modified version of the mod_auth_dce.c module.
>Fix:
Change the declaration for get_path_info() back to "int" if no API-based means
of doing get_path_info()