www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Kris Boulez <k...@belbone.be>
Subject general/2080: Regexes for <Location> don't work right inside <virtualhost>
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:31:30 GMT

>Number:         2080
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Regexes for <Location> don't work right inside <virtualhost>
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Given the following excerpt of a httpd.conf file

  <VirtualHost w.z.x.y>
  DocumentRoot /document/root
  DirectoryIndex index.html  index.htm default.html default.htm /cgi-bin/index.pl
  ServerName www.somedomain.be
  ErrorLog logs/wtl_error_log
  TransferLog logs/wtl_access_log
  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /shared/www/cgi-bin

  <Location ~ "^/$">
  order deny,allow
  allow  from all
  </Location>

  <Location ~ "^/.+">
  order allow,deny
  allow from a.b.c
  </Location>

  </VirtualHost>

The idea is to let everyone access "http://www.somedomain.com/" (by executing the
/cgi-bin/index.pl script) and let only people with IP adresses a.b.c access the
rest of the site. Configured like this (with virtualhost) it doesn't work.
When configured without virtualhost this works as expected
>How-To-Repeat:
If needed I can set up a test site with a few simple pages