www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rob Pickard <rpick...@dti.net>
Subject general/2057: Authentication using htaccess fails
Date Fri, 10 Apr 1998 20:31:13 GMT

>Number:         2057
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Authentication using htaccess fails
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We were using 1.2.5 then upgraded to 1.2.6. users could not get into the location protected
by htaccess. Every attempt created a password mismatch in the error_log. We
generating the passwords using makepass and htpasswd. The same htaccess
password file worked fine on another machine running 1.2.6 (for SPARC solaris 2.6).