www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Cere Davis <c...@u.washington.edu>
Subject mod_rewrite/2055: Can't view image files when using RewriteRule in Proxy mode
Date Fri, 10 Apr 1998 00:32:35 GMT

>Number:         2055
>Category:       mod_rewrite
>Synopsis:       Can't view image files when using RewriteRule in Proxy mode
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.2.5 (stronghold 2.2)
>Environment:
OSF1  Digital Unix 4.0b  Patchlevel 6
OSF1 violetta4 V4.0 564 alpha

I am using the RewriteRule in proxy mode [P] and find that I am correctly passed
onto the site-hided page but cannot see the image files that come with that page.

There are no problems with this when I use the RewriteRule in [R] mode.
>How-To-Repeat:
If you go to http://violetta4.mcis.washington.edu you are (secretly) passed onto a machine
called violetta2.mcis.washington.edu.  There is an image that is not being displayed.
>Fix:
I could perhaps fix this by putting absolute paths in all of my gifs but find
that much to cumbersome