www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From r..@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: mod_rewrite/2046: Rewrite Rule has different behavior form 1.2.1
Date Wed, 08 Apr 1998 06:52:53 GMT

Synopsis: Rewrite Rule has different behavior form 1.2.1

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: rse
State-Changed-When: Tue Apr  7 23:52:53 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Although the correct ruleset would be

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/protected-cgi-bin/foo\.cgi$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/protected-cgi-bin/foo2\.cgi$
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://www.server.com/$1 [L,R]

(remember that the patterns are regex) I cannot
reproduce your wrong behaviour. At least under 1.3b6-dev
mod_rewrite evaluates the ruleset correctly. I got
redirects for any URL except for the two listed
CGI URLs. So, I expect that there are some other
rulesets in your configuration which cause the wrong
behaviour. Please double-check your configuration
or at least enable RewriteLogLevel 9  and look
what the RewriteConds actually evaluate.