www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Troels Arvin <tar...@mdb.ku.dk>
Subject mod_include/2037: Including /some_file results in SIGSEGV
Date Mon, 06 Apr 1998 00:37:54 GMT

>Number:         2037
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       Including /some_file results in SIGSEGV
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When including the following line in a .shtml file, the browser responds with "Document contains
no data":
<!--#include file="/x"-->

(Altough not very relevant: /x exists and is readable.)

>From the error log:
[notice] httpd: caught SIGSEGV, attempting to dump core in /usr/local/httpd

No core is in /usr/local/httpd

Apache as such keeps running.

In Apache 1.2.5, the same situation would result in the following:
In the user agent, there would be a message saying "[an error occurred while processing this
directive]" at the part of the web-page corresponding to the inclusion and there would be
an error log entry saying "unable to include file..."
>How-To-Repeat:
No example URL, as I think that it would be rather useless, but I can create one, if needed.
>Fix:
Something must be wrong with the error handling in case someone (by mistake) tries including
a file, using the full path in connection with the INCLUDE FILE=... element.
%0