www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Resnick@hyperreal.org, Randy <...@resmo.com>
Subject protocol/2032: When a POST or GET contains more than exactly 480 chars (CONTENT_LENGTH) improper headers SEEM to be sent
Date Fri, 03 Apr 1998 09:51:36 GMT

>Number:         2032
>Category:       protocol
>Synopsis:       When a POST or GET contains more than exactly 480 chars (CONTENT_LENGTH)
improper headers SEEM to be sent
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
A proprietary program (someone else's) calls mine. I respond with a MIME header and a 13 byte
ASCII sequence.
Something: \nxx\n

This works perfectly until the CONTENT_LENGTH exceeds 480 bytes.
All looks good on my end. I have removed all but the two printf statements while testing.

My log shows 200 13 for all GET and POST working and not.

Trying to find out if anyone can suggest to me where to look.
It appears that maybe Apache does not receive the HTTP/1.0 from
the client and is sending a simple response and suppressing the
Content-type header.

This may not be an Apache bug, but there is a chance that it is.
Any suggestions welcome.
>How-To-Repeat:
I can't repeat it myself. A proprietary program is the caller.