www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: apache-api/2024: adding auth_why to conn_rec
Date Wed, 01 Apr 1998 15:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR apache-api/2024; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: dgaudet@hyperreal.org
Cc: jay@cimedia.com, Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: apache-api/2024: adding auth_why to conn_rec
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 08:06:57 -0700 (MST)

 On 1 Apr 1998 dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:

 > Synopsis: adding auth_why to conn_rec
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 > State-Changed-By: dgaudet
 > State-Changed-When: Wed Apr  1 03:50:53 PST 1998
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > Just what would AUTH_WHY contain though?  The reasons for access
 > being permitted are essentially arbitrary...

 I'm not sure I like the idea either.  It starts going a bit crazy when you
 look at what modules can actually do for auth...

 What could be useful is a group field to complement the user field.
 Users and groups are a reasonably generic concept in many auth modules, so
 setting the group they were found in could be useful and is something that
 people do ask for a lot.