www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jules Bean <jm...@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: os-solaris/2016: Under some circumstances files 'break' - and remain so.
Date Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:10:04 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/2016; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: os-solaris/2016: Under some circumstances files 'break' - and remain so.
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 11:02:49 +0100 (BST)

 USE_MMAP_FILES doesn't appear in my copy of http_protocol.c.

 I decided to go into conf.h, and (within the SOLARIS #ifdef) replace
 #define USE_MMAP_FILES with #undef USE_MMAP_FILES.

 However, the problem hasn't gone away.

 This is a very odd one - even actually restarting the server doesn't fix
 the 'broken' file.

 Unless you have any other ideas, I'm going to treat this as a Solaris bug,
 and convince my clients to upgrade (all the way to 2.6, I hope).

 Yours,

 Jules Bean