www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: general/1974: unable to create/update ScriptLog if the dir/file path is not owned by apache
Date Sat, 21 Mar 1998 19:03:19 GMT
Synopsis: unable to create/update ScriptLog if the dir/file path is not owned by apache

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Sat Mar 21 11:03:18 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:
We can't just magically become root at any time we want during server exection.
If we could, that would be a rather large security hole.
This file is explicitly documented as being opened by
the user Apache runs as, and it is explicitly noted that
you have to set the permissions as appropriate.