www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: os-windows/1959: Cannot open service manager: Access is denied.
Date Sat, 21 Mar 1998 05:11:55 GMT
Synopsis: Cannot open service manager: Access is denied.

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Fri Mar 20 21:11:54 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:
I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what you did, in
what order, and what result you got from each step.

Did "apache -i" work?  What happened when you tried it?

After that, did you have an Apache entry in the services
control panel?  If so, what happens when you try starting
it?

What happens if you try running Apache from the command
line (ie. no arguments)?  It should just start up and
remain control of the shell while starting to serve
requests.